[RTTY] New list member

IronmanY2k IronmanY2K@triathlete.com
Thu, 24 Oct 2002 18:13:27 -0700 (PDT)

Hello all,
I am new to the list and figured I would introduce myself.  Name here is Jim, AD6WL.  I have been contesting since March 2001, but only started to use RTTY this year to chase some of the DXpeditions.  I operated about 9 hours of the CQ/RJ RTTY Contest last month for my first RTTY contest.  I operated about 37 hours for the JARTS RTTY contest this past week.  I use a FT-1000 MarkV, Ameritron 571, Antenna is a Force 12 C4SXL up only 40ft.  Plans are for a bigger tower.  Software for tests is Writelog w/MTTY plugin.  I enjoyed the RTTY contests so much that I think I will put a bigger effort into these test.  CQ WPX is my favorite test.

I am still learning about RTTY setup, operating, and contesting.  I spent time during the contest changing my setup and exchanges even pulling out the radio manual so as to make some changes.  W7AY was talking about me when he mentioned a wide signal.  He informed me of it and I immediately took steps to correct it.  My apology to anyone who I may have unitentionally QRMed.  The good news is that I did correct the problem, the bad news is that I wasn't aware of it until later in the test, Sunday I think.

CU in tests
73
Jim, AD6WL

Get a YourName@Triathlete.com e-mail address at http://www.Triathlete.com