[RTTY] RE: AA5AU fishing techniques!

Don Hill AA5AU aa5au@bellsouth.net
Thu, 31 Oct 2002 11:40:38 -0600

Since they outlawed using dynamite to catch fish in Louisiana, we've been
looking at more innovative ways.

All this reminds me of the time I was caught by the game warden using the dynamite
technique.  After dropping a stick in the water, about 50 fish came flying out onto the
bank.  I quickly scooped them up as they were stunned but still alive.  I put them in
an ice chest and was just about ready to leave when the game warden walked up.

He asked me what was in the ice chest.  I told him they were my pet fish.  Since I was
well over the legal limit, I had to come up with some explanation.

He said "Pet fish, eh?".  I said "Yes sir, these are my pet fish.  Every morning I bring
them down to the bayou and let them swim around and then I scoop them up and bring
them home."

The game warden says "Sure they are.  How do you get them to come back after you put
them in the bayou?".

I said "Well, I have a special whistle that I do and they all come back to the shore.  Then
I pick them up and put them back in the ice chest to bring home.  Would like to see how
I do it?"

The game warden says "Yeah, I gotta see this".

So I opened the ice chest and let all the fish back in the bayou.  I then started packing
up everything to leave and the game warden says "Aren't you going to call the fish back?"

And I said "What fish?"

73, Don AA5AU