[RTTY] RTTY Scope Parts, anyone?

Bob Boyd BobBoyd@nt1v.net
Sun, 1 Sep 2002 15:53:13 -0400

With reference to the last 2 issues of the New RTTY Journal:

I've always been a "scope" man.  It is probably because 'everyone' used
them in the 1960's when I got started on RTTY.  In those days I used a
HO-10 HEATH scope, and I loved it.  The LED indicators on the PK-232's
work OK but there is littler question that a scope is more accurate.
About eight years ago I moved up to the HAL ST-8000 with the built-in
scope - oh, par excellance!  Last year I acquired a new CV-89 scope
module (using a 2BP1 scope tube) and when the article by Dale Sinner and
Bill Henry appeared in the Spring issue, I ordered the parts from
DigiKey and Mouser.  As the past few months wore on I found that it
probably was not worthwhile to build a scope because my weapon of choice
now is MMTTY (and WriteLog for contests).  I've sold the ST-8000 and the
PK-232's, and I've settled on software in a sound-card as the
"way-to-go".  For those who wish to continue with hardware, and wish
that they had a tuning scope, please read on.

I will sell the following items cheaply:

Brand new RCA 2BP1 scope tube with shield, socket, and rubber panel
bezel.

New parts as listed on page 8 of Spring issue of RTTY Journal for both
the power supply and mark/space filter with the following exception:
the PCTX-1216 transformers were sold out.  I will provide a pair of
PCTX-1238 which are similar, but I do not guarantee that it will work
(you are a ham and an experimenter aren't you!)

High-voltage wire

I can provide copies of the article if needed.

Make me an offer that I can't refuse and I'll ship it to you via
Priority Mail on Tuesday.  I have about $100 invested in parts &
shipping to date, but do not expect to recover all of those costs.
Please start at $35 which shall include shipping cost within continental
USA.   PLEASE keep all email OFF the reflector; send to me directly at
BobBoyd@NT1V.net

I'll advise those who submitted an offer on Tuesday morning of the
outcome.

Thanks,

Bob - NT1V  (ex W1VXV)

multipart/alternative