[RTTY] WF1B - RUNTIME ERROR AT 216

Sotiris Katsimaglis SV1BDO Sotiris Katsimaglis SV1BDO" <sv1bdo@hotmail.com
Mon, 2 Sep 2002 19:03:07 +0300

Hi Olda,
Thanks for the info.
It seems that my Soundblaster occupies the same memory area that WF1B try to
locate. I found it as Windows ME does not have ability to boot directly to
DOS, so I start it using SAFE mode. The PC starts with the lowest ability
(i.e. did not recognize the Sound Card) and the WF1B software run preoperly,
without any RUNTIME ERRORS !!!
It seems to me that if I would like to use WF1B software, I have to install
it in an old-fashioned PC (like 386), where someone can work also with DOS
commands and do efficient troubleshooting.
73, Sotiris SV1BDO

----- Original Message -----
From: "Olda Linhart - OK1YM" <ok1ym@seznam.cz>
To: "Sotiris Katsimaglis SV1BDO" <sv1bdo@hotmail.com>
Sent: Monday, September 02, 2002 5:55 PM
Subject: Re: [RTTY] RUNTIME ERROR AT 216

Hi Sotiris,,

here is what I found :

Another problem can be runtime error 216, General Protection Fault, which
can be caused by RTTY and another program trying to occupy the same memory
area.
Check your INI file maybe teh SW would use the same port like another piece
of SW.
Keep in your mind that WF1B is not WINDOWS SW but DOS. I dont know how is
it working
with WIN ME ? For eg. N6TR which is DOS SW too is not able to keing LPTR
port in WIN NT
which doesn have the direct access to HW. What sort of modem you use .
Try to check RTTY archives which are available on contesting.com site.

GL Olda J41YM from Palaio Psychiko