[RTTY] REV polarity

Steve Holton sholton@optonline.net
Thu, 05 Sep 2002 11:38:41 -0400

You may have to deal with this at the rig if it has the option.
There are no standards as to which is Mark and which is Space when you
change the keying/shift line.
With my FT1000MP MkV I had to reverse the polarity via a menu item to get
it to work right when I switched from AFSK to FSK. Others have reported
that some other rigs work directly while others also need to be reversed.
This is a muddy area. My FT1000MP MkV manual says  " Closing and opening
this line to ground cause mark/space keying" - It doesn't really say which
is whether open is mark or space?? This is problem there is no consistency
between rig manufacturers and software writers in this area. It may be
possible to effect this in MMTTY but I was directed to change the rig when
I raised this about a year ago.
GL
73 Steve N1NB