[RTTY] THANKS and help !

Shelby Summerville k4ww@arrl.net
Sat, 7 Sep 2002 11:59:39 -0400

"Waldemar DK3VN" <dk3vn@nexgo.de> wrote:
 "T77M sent direct and followed up with emails
Sent and received many cards via the bureau.
Turnaround less than one year."

I've been trying, via bureau, since 1998, without success! Still waiting for
direct, only one (1) month, so not getting excited! It still ceases to amaze
me at the apparent inconsistincies of stations in answering QSL's? Many
report being successfull, and many have little, if any, success from the
same station(s)? Answering QSL's is not one of my favorite pastimes, it
sometimes takes more time that operating a/the contest? I also never cease
to be amazed at the amount of stations that continually "dump their log(s)"
through the bureau system? I will still answer new band/mode requests, but
will no longer answer "duplicate" band/mode requests!How many 20 meter RTTY
contacts can a station need? I have even considered changing my QSL policy,
but I'm usually reminded that I once was "actively" pursuing those that I
needed! I'm at at point, thanks to the many that have answered my requests,
that if/when I work a "new one", I send for it direct!
Suppose "we" need a contest to divert out attention?  :)
C'Ya, Shelby