[RTTY] GU0SUP EA RTTY

Phil Cooper pcooper at guernsey.net
Mon Apr 7 19:19:13 EDT 2003

Hi all,

Wow, what lousy conditions! That was hard work.
Some odd propagation as well, but it was great to hear KZ7X, AD6WL, W6RLL/7
and K6LL so loud here.
I knew it would be hard when Mike K4GMH couldn't copy me on 10m, although he
had a good signal here.
He then threw me early on our Sunday morning by being a good 599 on 40m way
past our sunrise!
Got CP6EB and C5P for all time new ones on 10m, which was great, and it was
nice to see so many new calls to RTTY. Great participation from EA stations
helped to make it a good contest. I even managed a few on 10m with back
scatter.
The mini-beam worked well, and allowed me to work some I couldn't otherwise
hear.
Only one person managed to hear me on 80m! Thanks Sigi DJ3NG!

So, this is how my log looked at the end of the contest..................

           QSOs         Points     DX:     Provinces     Call Areas
80m:      1                 3            1             0                 0
40m:     25               84          17            6                 1
20m:     121             159         38            11                11
15m:     70               116         30             3                 13
10m:     16                 30         10             2                 4
Total:    233            392         96           22               29

Total multipliers: 147
Score:  57624
Station Description:  IC756 + 60 watts + Writelog 10.40J + MMTTY v1.62
Antenna(s):  Half-size G5RV + MQ1 mini-beam
Operators:   GU0SUP

73 all, and see you in the SPRVG contest!
Phil GU0SUP