[RTTY] TARA Grid Square

Bob Wanderer aa0cy at quadnet.net
Sun Aug 3 20:45:13 EDT 2003

Worked only one station -- VE1OP -- and Scott was LOUD.
Heard nothing else the entire weekend.  By comparison, the
20m and, later on, the 40m CW bands were quite active,
especially the latter.  For me, 15 and 10 were dead.  Did
hear some "warbling" around 14070 kHz, so assume that there
was some PSK activity, but don't know if it was contest
related or regular QSO's.  I can copy PSK31, but haven't
done the necessary things to transmit yet, although I have
the interface (a RASCAL from Buck Rogers).

This is probably a combination of poor propagation and a new
contest.  I think the contest was fairly well promoted, but
perhaps only to the (RTTY) contest community.  Nevertheless,
if there was CW activity it seems logical to me that there
should have been RTTY activity too.  I heard some Europeans
calling CQ NAQP, so the bands weren't *that* dead.  Oh,
well.

Should I really submit a single QSO log?  (I once won an
award with one QSO because I was the only submittal from
that section/county/whatever).  I guess I will if VE1OP
does!  That way he won't get dinged for a unique :-)

73
Bob AA0CY