[RTTY] JX2IJ cancelled

Jim Reisert AD1C jjreisert at alum.mit.edu
Mon Aug 4 00:37:39 EDT 2003

Ohio/Penn DX Bulletin #621:

JX, JAN MAYEN (Update/Op Cancelled!). Ove, LA2IJ, informs OPDX that he
is sorry to announce that his trip to JX-land has been cancelled because
of transportation problems. The plane has not been able to land at Jan
Mayen airfield the last two weeks due to thick fog. He states, "I did
see the island quite well on Thursday, but the plane could not come down...
It is almost sure that I will not go to JX this year, but hope to be able
to go next year." Ove also states that there are only eight (8) flights
going to Jan Mayen during one year. His possible next trip will be announced
when plans are final. Ove's visit to JX is not a DXpedition; he has work
to do and only operates ham radio in his spare time.

USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert at alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.com
PGP Fingerprint: D8E2 3D78 339F A7F1 8C13  1193 B5D1 4FB6 79D1 70DC