[RTTY] SARTG - GU0SUP SOABLP

Phil Cooper pcooper at guernsey.net
Sun Aug 17 19:54:25 EDT 2003

Hi all,

Wow! How nice to see the bands in reasonable shape! And there was a good
level of activity too, which always helps. This is my best ever SARTG entry
too. I started the contest at the beginning, and gave up at about 4am local
time (0300) as I was too tired, and in the second stint, I gave up about
2130 so that I stood a chance of being able to get up for the start of the
final session. In total, I worked for about 14 hours.

I did enjoy working KH6ND on 15m, and thanks for the points Mike!
There were a few new band-countries for me too, such as VP9/IK2RZP on 20m,
plus a few others.
I did work TZ6RD, even though they weren't in the contest, but I couldn't
pass up on that one.
There was some very odd propagation about, as I worked GM/ON/PA/F on most
bands, which is not normal.
Didn't manage to bag any VK or ZL, although I did see ZL2AMI and VK6GOM
being worked, but had no copy on them at all.
Plenty of new calls about too, which is good, plus a good few that have
changed callsigns.

Would any SP's please advise SQ7B that it makes life difficult when he calls
DE SQ7B, SQ7B, SQ7B, please! I did ask him to lose the comma, but I don't
think he understood.

So, here is what I managed:

                QSOs          Points              DX:        Call Areas
80m:           0                  0                  0                 0
40m:          63               715                28                8
20m:         142              1620               45               12
15m:          161              1865               42               13
10m:          57                585               27                0

Total:       423              4785

Total multipliers:                  175
Score:                           837375

Station Description:    Icom IC756 + about 60 watts
Antenna:                     2 ele mini-beam + G5RV
Software:                   Writelog

Thanks to Ewe and the team for organising the contest, and to all for the
points.
Very best 73 de Phil GU0SUP