[RTTY] K4WW SOABHP

Shelby Summerville k4ww at arrl.net
Mon Aug 18 07:42:31 EDT 2003

Time spent "on the air" was less than last year, therefore score is also
less. With all of the JA's active, I worked 62, it made me wonder if this
was JARTS? If not for the JA's and other Far East stations, on Sunday
morning, that segment would have been very boring!  Also nice catching
TZ6RD, even though he wasn't actually "in the contest"! I'm curious as to
how many stations even check 10 meters? I made three contacts (1 US, 2 SA)
between 1745-1750. I also "took a detour" into NAQP SSB and made 10
contacts, all into the Western US (W6, W7, W0), between 1920-1925. Other
than the 3, noted above, I heard absolutely no RTTY activity on 10 meters.
During the "usual" times 10 should be open, I try to call, for at least 5
minutes, at the top of each hour, unless I'm "too busy on the second
radio"!!   :))))))))))))
I still find between 10-20 "new" RTTY stations appearing in my log, almost
every contest, which leads me to believe that RTTY contesting is continuing
to grow?
Bottom Line: I had fun, and it was too hot to fish!!
C'Ya, Shelby

                SARTG WW RTTY Contest

Call: K4WW
Operator(s): K4WW