[RTTY] SCC Contest Points

Rick Ellison rellison at twcny.rr.com
Fri Aug 22 00:20:34 EDT 2003

Could someone clairify the QSO points for the SCC contest for me..
Looking at the web site rules I see the following:

- One (1) QSO point for contacts within your own DXCC or WAE country;

I understand this one

- Two (2) QSO points for contacts within your own continent but outside your own DXCC or WAE  country;

I understand this one

- Two (2) QSO points for contacts between different W, VE, VK, ZL, ZS, JA and PY call areas, LU provinces and Asiatic Russia UA9/UA0 oblasts;

This one gives me trouble. In reading this If I have a contact with a
station in say VE1 would that contact count for 2 points or would it
be 4 points. Is it
Two (2) QSO points for contacts within your own continent but outside your own DXCC or WAE  country;
and
Two (2) QSO points for contacts between different W, VE, VK, ZL, ZS, JA and PY call areas, LU provinces and Asiatic Russia UA9/UA0 oblasts;

A. I'm N2 and I'm working VE2 so the second line is true
B. I'm in K and working VE its my own continent but outside my DXCC so
the first line is true

So is it 2 points or 4 points?????

- Three (3) QSO points for contacts outside your own continent.

Now if I combine this with the above does that mean I get 5 points if
I work  VK1????
Would I get 2 points for rule #2 and 3 points for rule #3

73's Rick N2AMG
rellison at twcny.rr.com
AIM:n2amg