[RTTY] Re:AA5AU Score & USB/serial ports

Bill Barnes, N3JIX n3jix at alltel.net
Sun Dec 7 09:45:52 EST 2003

> So if the Belkin unit won't work with Windows XP and the other units won't
> pass Baudot code, how do we go forward?

Dunno.  I'm willing to bet there is an updated driver or some other
crazyness for the belkin unit.

> With new computers with USB mice, keyboards and printers are the IRQ's
> that
> would otherwise be used for these in a range that is available to serial
> port boards?  Do people really have success with shared IRQ's for serial
> ports?

Well, with the cheapo junk usb to RS-232 converter I got, it workes fine
sharing IRQ's with other usb devices like my thumb drive (great place to
copy your logs to), mouse, etc.  However the UC-232 that I have DOES NOT
do baudot, so I can't test how it would work sharing IRQs with that...

Mine is current being used for Rig Control, and that works fine with
everything else going on on my USB bus.

--
73, de Bill, N3JIX