[RTTY] AK6VD 2003 TARA RTTY MELEE

Andrea & Chuck Bridges DVCHOWS at att.net
Sun Dec 7 12:02:06 EST 2003

2003 TARA RTTY Melee

CALL:  AK6DV
QTH:  CA
CATEGORY:  SOABLP
Op Time :  7 hours

Band QSO Mults
80M 3 2
40M 24 11
20M 62 26
15M 61 5
10M 14 2
Total 164 46

Score:  7,544

Comments:

Enjoyed this contest!  Due to limited operating time, I didn't string any
wire for the weekend and just used my tri-bander and multi-band vertical.  I
am still very much a newbie, but I did fiddle around with the Icom 746 and
figured out how to use the 500 Hz CW IF filter with AFSK.  Wow, what a
difference.  There were a couple of times that two stations fell within the
filter bandwidth, and I was able to work both of them using the IF shift.  I
also tried the technique of working split and using the main tuning knob for
RIT when CQing.  I saved a couple of off-frequency Qs as a result.  I also
learned (the hard way) that when you move to a new frequency or start to S&P
you need to change the split frequency or turn it off!

73!

Chuck, AK6DV