[RTTY] TARA MELEE 2003 SCORE

Jack West w7ld at olypen.com
Sun Dec 7 20:57:01 EST 2003

Blank2003 TARA MELEE

CALL: W7LD
QTH: WA
CATEGORY: SOABLP
SO1Radio

BAND   QSO  US  VE  DX
80M          13      7     2     0
40M          36    21     0     1
20M        128    38     3     6
15M        104    34     2     5
10M          17    11     1     1
TOTALS 298  111     8   13

MULTS COUNTED ONLY ONCE: 59

SCORE: 298 X 59 = 17,582

Comments:
This was my first Tara RTTY contest and I enjoyed it very much.
I usually work the 160 CW test, but decided to try the Melee after
reading the comments found on the RTTY Reflector.

I ran one radio and two computers.  One was a windows machine
operating MMTTY and emulating a KAM TNC.  I also ran the
FSK 1.05 add on program using a serial port / DTR / RTS to key
FSK and PTT in my radio.  I used another serial port with a serial
null cable to communicate with my DOS computer which ran WF1B
contest program.  I used a second serial port on the DOS machine
for CAT control and frequency readout of my radio for logging and
band changing.   So, two computers, two monitors, two keyboards,
two mice, and four serial ports all worked quite well.   I have never
seen such good clean copy.  MMTTY sure beats a PK-232 TNC
for copy.

Thanks for a great contest.
See you guys in the Round Up.
73 de