[RTTY] tara-mele F6IRF soapbox

f6irf at free.fr f6irf at free.fr
Mon Dec 8 10:48:51 EST 2003

Has been fun, though the very poor conditions and quite low EU activity did not
make it as fun as it could have been... This contest seem to remain a NA event,
with marginal EU/AS participation.
Did not manage to pass the 20 hourly rate on 40/80 during the 5 first hours, so
went to bed a bit disapointed, with only 80 Q's...  Came back 4 hours later,
but the contest really started when the band opened to states on 21Mhz... I
stopped for another 4 hours after 20m closed, and  just added another 60QSO's
for the last 3 hours. Only AZ contacted in the 6/7 area, even 40m was in very
bad shape saturday evening, with very fluttered and weak EU signals.
No special alchimy for this contest, you have to be there when at least one
band is open to states... A  special thanks to CN8KD who called me and made me
reach the 400 mark the last minute on 80...

the log details:

bd qso st pr dx
================
80  65 01 00 06
40  74 15 01 15
20  97 00 00 20
15 134 11 01 07
10  30 01 01 00
to 400 28 03 48

F6IRF domestic station: IC706+ homebrew 4cx250PA - abt 400W Dipoles for 40 and
80 at 18m (60') AGL - OB6-3M tribander (2el /band) at 12m (40') AGL.

See you soon on the bands... 73's Patrick