[RTTY] OK RTTY & MMTTY

Larry L Lindblom llindblom at juno.com
Mon Dec 22 19:47:15 EST 2003

Between finishing Christmas cards, wrapping presents, and digging out the
Swedish Christmas recipes I found about an hour Saturday morning to give
out a few Qs and Play with MMTTY in FSK mode.

I've been using MMTTY in AFSK mode as a second decoder along with a
DXP-38 running FSK. I Disconnected the DXP-38 and ran MMTTY on a
motherboard comm port.  It worked well except for a problem I've never
encountered before.  After a transmission the audio level in MMTTY would
sometime come back as too low to copy a signal and other times would come
back with the signal over driven which resulted in no copy.  In both case
sliding the volume control up or down temporarily fixed the problem.

I played with the MMTTY settings to no avail.  Then, I tried RTTY Write
in FSK mode and had the same problem.  I'm starting to wonder if it is
something strange with the sound card which is a Creative Sound Blaster
Live PCI 128.  But, I've never had the problem running AFSK with either
RTTY Write or MMTTY, so it is time for some head scratching unless
someone else has experienced this problem and resolved it.

OH, the contest:

15 Meters only running 200 watts, 37 Qs, 60 Pts, 10 Mults AND 6 OK for
all of 6,480 points

73 Larry  W0ETC