[RTTY] RTTY Capable Amp

Jeff Stai WK6I wk6i at twistedoak.com
Tue Dec 30 13:51:36 EST 2003

At 10:46 AM 12/30/2003, Barry wrote:
>My Acom 2000A can run full power all day without getting hot.  Eating
>isn't important!

what he said - you might want to keep an eye out for an available ACOM 1000 - it is their 'budget model', being HF+6 and manual tuning - I think it goes for something like $2k or so new - I have been using mine quite happily for about a year, at upwards of 1000W on RTTY, with no issues - I do blow a couple muffin fans across the top to move the hot air away from the top blower, that really seems to help keep it cool, especially in my garage shack in the summer... - jeff wk6i

Jeff Stai               jds at twistedoak.com
Twisted Oak Winery      http://www.twistedoak.com/
Rocketry Org. of CA     http://www.rocstock.org/
Amateur Radio           WK6I