[RTTY] FMRE - GU0SUP

Phil Cooper pcooper at guernsey.net
Sun Feb 2 21:39:12 EST 2003

Hi all,

Oh boy! Someone obviously pinched the conditions!
I didn't start until this morning, so I got up at 0700, and expected the
bands to be full of wonderful signals, and got a bit of a shock.
It was hard work to start with, and I sort of expected to see some activity
from W/VE by lunchtime, but was sadly disappointed!
By 1300, the only signal from across the water was Scott VE1OP, and it
wasn't until quite late in the day that I started to work a few W's.

There was an upside, in that I worked PJ7 for a new country on RTTY, which
surprised me. Also pleasant was being called by HL's and also VK4UC! That
was a bit of a surprise, as all I was hearing till then was close EU
stations.
I know it is bad when I work F/ON/PA on 15m!

Only 3 XE stations in my log, which is down to poor propagation.

Got seriously hassled by MFSK16 stations on 20 and 15 when calling CQ. Seems
they just don't take any notice of whether the frequency is in use or not.

Anyway, here is the result of about 10 hours in the shack, just over half of
which was CQ'ing time.

           QSOs     Points     DX:     State
80m:      0             0         0             0
40m:      8            23        7             0
20m:     89         266      37             0
15m:     111         335      42             3
10m:     21           63       13              0
Total:  229        687      99              3

Total multipliers: 102
Score:  70074

Thanks to all for the points, and to FMRE for the contest.

Very best 73 all de Phil GU0SUP
And see you all next week!