[RTTY] New files

Kok Chen chen at mac.com
Wed Feb 5 09:57:46 EST 2003

Ed wrote:

> Don is going to send me his RTTY files for the last 2 years. But I
> really need log files from other stations, especially DX from all
> continents.

Good choice.  I can't imagine having anything in my log that is
not already in Don's log!

If you only use Don's log, just don't forget to include AA5AU, HI HI.

That said, a huge callsign database is no problem with the memory
in todays machines, as long as the contest program has some
efficient hash function to retrieve them, together with some efficient
encoding.

For example, you can point W7TI, W9OL and all other Bills to a
single string.  If there are fewer than 65,000 unique names,
then we might have a substantially shrunkened database, eh?

Speaking of which, the group I am in here at work, a sample of
50 or so people, has a disproportionate number of people with the
name of John.  17% or so.

It would be interesting to see how many unique names there are
in the database.  I'll bet Goetz is, but Chen isn't, HI HI.

73
Chen, W7AY