[RTTY] DX Spotting during WPX

Larry L Lindblom llindblom at juno.com
Tue Feb 11 23:49:12 EST 2003

It is a no brainer to change a few things and log into a cluster with a
different call.  Then all those self spots are not from you;-)  One
station was consistently calling CQ on the frequency spotted for "rare"
stations.  Maybe he like I decided  why not CQ here when he went to a
spot and no one was there. If so he did it every time he found a spot
with no one of the frequency, where as I did it a total of 3 times.

I still remember one big time DXer  (CW & SSB) who when the pile up was
too big, would falsely spot another equally rate DX station on a
different band.  He did this in the hope of getting some of the pile up
to QSY and give him a better chance to work the DX.

73 Larry W0ETC/WI0WA