[RTTY] No NAQP for me!

Phil Cooper pcooper at guernsey.net
Sun Feb 23 18:09:15 EST 2003

Hi all,

Just a quick note to say that I was listening to many of you just prior to
the start of the contest, and signals were way down here, so I didn't bother
to play.

There were a few good signals, though, such as K7CCC at about 1545 who was a
good 579 here.
Don AA5AU - you were drifting between being a good signal and inaudible here
around the 1800UTC point. I did hear a few others, but 10m was almost dead,
and 15 was going that way very rapidly, which was why I decided not to play.

However, today, I have put up one of the MQ1 mini-beams, and after a few
tests, there are some noticeable differences between it and the G5RV.
I managed to work HR1RMG at about 1745 on 10m, and he was inaudible on the
G5RV, but 579 on the MQ1. PZ5RA was also on 10m, and a much stronger signal
on the MQ1 than the G5RV.
However, K0COP was about the same on both, so maybe the G5RV has lobes in
the right place for NA.

I am now looking forward to the BARTG RTTY contest, and to give the MQ1 a
good try!

73 for now,
Phil GU0SUP