[RTTY] NAQP W7AY

llindblom at juno.com llindblom at juno.com
Mon Feb 24 15:20:13 EST 2003

I think I know why N0AC heard you on 5 bands.  The N0AC Call was being used at the N0NI "super station."  It is one of Iowa's best kept secrets and looks like an aluminum forest in a corn field.  It is another Ioqa  "Field of Dreams"  or maybe in this case I should say "Station of Dreams."

There is only one problem with the N0NI layout.  The problem is it is in the middle of the country and not on the east coast or gulf region.  This is only a real problem in DX tests where it is hard to compete with stations further to the east.  A 2nd problem is once you operate there your own antennas look very puny.

73 W0ETC