[RTTY] kk5oq arrl 2003 ru

kk5oq kk5oq@bellsouth.net
Mon, 6 Jan 2003 17:47:25 -0500

I put up a 40-10M vertical a few days before the contest to try out for
future use for
so2r. Conditions were so good at the start I almost switched backed over to
the
short pieces of wire's, but stuck with the new antenna 7 feet above some
good
ground down here in the southland. Appear's I broke the old MS records in
total q's and points. The vertical will only handle 400watts rtty so I
should of
had a few more points with the wires at 1.5kw(it's the coax length).
k3 called fer DE but did not get the exchange, so missed the clean sweep
this
year. 40m was open early and late. The vertical does not hear DX to good.
Hope to be so2r next year. Let's see 1152x2=2304 q's!!!...
Congrats to them Buckeyes on this years champs, one of the best games I've
ever seen.
see ya'll in the next un..I hope
73's kk5oq/charles
ARRL RTTY Roundup
Call used: KK5OQ
Location:  MS
Entry Class: Single Op, All Band
Band    QSOs   Pts   QTH    DX
80        15    15    15     0
40       367   364    52    23
20       242   241    47    21
15       250   250    46    25
10       282   282    42    43
Total   1156  1152    57    56
Claimed Score: 130024
Software: RTTY by WF1B  v5.01, RITTY 4.XX
TS-870S
AL1500
Power 400
ANTENNA 40-10M vertical