[RTTY] Friend ini file for RTTY

K4SB k4sb@earthlink.net
Tue, 07 Jan 2003 04:31:37 +0000

As most of you know, I have been helping Don out a little by
periodically updating the master.cal file. Don has indicated that we
could also use a friend.ini file....so..

I've written the programs and got the first file updated.

Now, my problem is with all you Saints, Apostles, and Kings. There are
just too many instances where Christopher, Andrew, Edward, William and
the like are now listed by your call. Thank goodness for St. John and
St. Paul.

Of course, it's a simple matter to have the computer do the change,
and for instance
change Donald to Don. But, I'd like to make it as good as possible,
and that means getting your input.

So, if you know you are in the master.cal file and your name is
Edward, but you go by
Ed drop ME a note, not the reflector and I'll make the changes. ( Only
my mom called me
Edward, and that usually meant "run like hell"!)

Otherwise, your full name will appear as it does in the FCC listing.

Hope to have the file to Don in a week or so.

73
Ed