[RTTY] WA9ALS "On Call" RR

WA9ALS - John wa9als@starband.net
Sun, 5 Jan 2003 21:23:31 -0500

       QSO   Sta Prov   Dx

80M    130    26    3    2
40M     50    10    2    6
20M     13     2    2    0
15M     10     2    0    2
10M      4     3    0    1
---------------------------
       207    43    7   11 = 12,627 pts

OP TIME 4:35

I had to work this weekend.  Calls kept me up most of the night, so I FEEL
like I contested all night, only I didn't!  No fair!

>From here, the brief times I was on (last night and a little near the end
tonight), it sounded like a lot of activity, but not so much DX.  It was
probably just me not being on at the best DX times.

New fun thing for me though last night - a run on 80M!  I ran 120 Qs in 2
hrs (1R) - I've never done anything like that on 80M - I think 80M was good
for all that were there last night and some more even this evening.  Heck,
even when I was VP5RY on North Caicos, I only worked 18 Qs on 80M.  I was
using the HF9V and KW.

I also noticed when A45WD came back to me on a 40M run this evening about
5:45 EST - Heck it was still light here then - very unusual for me to work
Oman on 40M at that time of day - THANKS!

Loved these fellows:

- guy that kept asking me for my NR?  When I explained I was "IN" and had no
number for him, he explained that he didn't have any other key to use except
"NR?".

- guy sending the time as part of the exchange

- guy sending both state and NR

Actually, as always, loved them all - Thanks for the fun!  At least I didn't
get tempted to send Barry a HI file.  Barry doesn't like it when we waste a
few msec sending him a "HELLO", but he will work 4 PSK stations in an hour.
Beats me.  ;-)   73 All!  John, WA9ALS