The meaning of BK (was RE: [RTTY] DE)

W0YR@aol.com W0YR@aol.com
Thu, 9 Jan 2003 07:00:00 EST

You are right.

And one further point:  BK does NOT mean "back.'"  Many newer hams,
innocently use BK in this way:

SO HPE U CAN COPY   BK TO U     AR    W1XYZ de W3DEF  K  (or KN)

The long-accepted abbreviation for "back to you" is BTU.

Every time some sends BK, I jump, thinking they're turning it to me at that
instant.

Little has been done to help new hams learn the proper and widely used and
accepted prosigns in amateur radio.  They are time saving, clarifying and
provide a special flavor to the hobby.  We old geezers must, however, be
careful to be helpful and not judgmental in our efforts to mantain traditions
(and they are good traditions) developed over the years.

QSL?  (HI HI)

Mike
W0YR