[RTTY] SUMMARY : WHY DO I GET ...

Don Hill AA5AU aa5au@bellsouth.net
Fri, 10 Jan 2003 10:26:05 -0600

No real reason received why some of us get this message when we send
to the reflector and why most don't.

One person said I should check for viruses.  I run Norton on all my computers
but hadn't scanned this one in a while.  Norton did find the FRIENDSGREETING virus
which I understand is technically not a virus nor a worm but is destructive nonetheless.

I don't know that it has anything to do with getting this message but I don't think so.

Back to the FRIENDSGREETING thing, I understand it's really a TROJAN HORSE
that has been legitimately admitted by the computer user.  It comes in as a greeting card
E-mail from a friend where you have to click on a link to get the greeting card but the
user must trigger the "worm" by downloading a plug-in when requested.  I don't ever
remember doing that.  I never download plug-ins that just pop up unless I requested it.
So maybe the "worm" was just dormant on my machine.  Hope so.

Anyway, maybe we should try to get the list master to remove the KK6T address
from the list?

No more on this subject unless warranted.  Let's get back to RTTY!

Thanks for the all the replies and suggestions.

73, Don AA5AU