[RTTY] Software for BARTG Sprint contest

John Barber SKA@bartg.demon.co.uk
Mon, 13 Jan 2003 19:52:41 +0000

Hi Mike,

Question:

Why do you and other contest managers insist on inflicting Cabrillo on
everyone?

Answer: Because it is far more accurate and has eliminated the few
cheats who used to enter our contests (and sometimes win).
Easier for contest managers? No chance so far. My workload trebled in
the first "Cabrillo" year then got a bit better in the second year. It
will get easier when the contest software gets better, which is why I will
continue to work with the software writers to improve things.
Hope to see you in the test,
John GW4SKA

BARTG Contest Manager

text/html (html body -- converted)