[RTTY] RTTY Software

Bill Turner w7ti@dslextreme.com
Mon, 20 Jan 2003 10:40:09 -0800

On Mon, 20 Jan 2003 10:26:58 -0600 (CST), joseph duerbusch wrote:

>I disagree with Bill on the RITTY software just for the reasons he have that it was the 'best'.
>My vote is for MMTTY which runs in Windows and can/is being used as plug-in on logging software like Writelog.
>
>It is just not worth the hassle for those few times when RITTY will out perform MMTTY (and yes it will).

Actually, I agree with Joe.  If I were starting from scratch
today, I would use MMTTY and forget about RiTTY, due to the
disadvantages I listed.  MMTTY is an excellent program, no doubt
about it.  Being free makes it even better.

But that wasn't the original question.  The original poster asked
which program was "best", not which was cheapest or simplest or
easiest to use.

When the DX is down in the noise and you just gotta work 'em,
RiTTY still outperforms them all.

73, Bill W7TI