[RTTY] SO2R (again)

Tyler Stewart k3mm at comcast.net
Sat Jan 25 12:04:13 EST 2003

I dont think there is any point in arguing about the extra value of SO2R on
RTTY.  I think it would be pretty hard for any SO1R guy to beat an SO2R guy
assuming they both operate full time and the SO2R is used efficiently.
However, I would point out that except for the few major RTTY contests, the
vast majority (maybe even ALL) of operators do not put in anything close to
a full time effort.

Secondly I'd like to point out that the RTTY World ranking is based on
participation in a large number of RTTY contests, many of which I consider
insignificant.  It's quantity more than quality.  If you dont operate most
of the contests, you wont even make the top half of the list, no matter how
well you do.

Ty K3MM