[RTTY] K1US BARTG Sprint 03

Jon Harder jon at praxisworks.org
Sun Jan 26 15:12:50 EST 2003

Had a few problems with running buffers while using the MMTTY plug-in with
1.63.  Apologies to those who got some unexpected extra moments of carrier
while waiting for the exchange or final QSL.  This wasn't stray RFI as I
thought at first, but just MMTTY demanding a different soundcard priority
setting. I'd used "Higher" for months with no problems, but "Normal" worked
fine for the rest of the contest.

Highlights were calls from JY and TA, as well as GU0SUP, ZL2BR and ZL2AMI.
The GAP performed wonderfully well on 40 after replacing weak coax link at
base pulled apart by weight of the ice formed after heavy snowfalls totaling
over 24 inches on Christmas day and early January!  That was not fun....
I'll bury the new non-contaminating line after the spring melt comes,
whenever that is.  April, May ??  The half-rhombic has withstood several
bouts of high winds here at the coast, and continues to perform nicely.

See you all in the next one!   73 de Jon, K1US

CALL: K1US

SOAB

QSOs

80m: 14

40m: 45

20m: 49

15m: 97

10m: 1

Total: 206

Continents: 6

Call Areas: 16

DXCC: 35

Total multipliers: 51

Score: 63036

Station Description: TS-870 and AL-811, max 300 watts

Antenna(s): Half-rhombic on 20 and up, GAP Challenger for 40 and 80

Jon Harder, K1US

Cape Porpoise, ME 04014

Multiplier Summary

Countries