[RTTY] DL-DX de GU0SUP

Phil Cooper pcooper at guernsey.net
Sun Jul 6 19:57:27 EDT 2003

Hello one and all!

I had expected to play for longer than 6 hours, but conditions were so poor
that in the end, the 6 hour category looked attractive. I was also using
just the half-size G5RV, so that may explain why my sognal was so poor.
I did 3 hours on the first day, and then did the last 3 hours, although my
total time on was only 5 hours 42 minutes.

Not quite sure what happened to the conditions, but there were some odd
openings, and - also - some odd closings!
I don't know how W7TI/6 managed to be S9 + 10dB here, but maybe it was a
long path route, because VR2BG was also loud here at the same time. K4GMH
and WX4TM were very weak by comparison, and very few other W's were heard.
There were occasions when I could see JA's working DL/IK/SP's, but I wasn't
hearing Europe at all.

It was good to have Scott VE1OP call me, as well as TI4DJ this morning, as I
wasn't expecting to hear anything from that side of the pond at all.

As far as I can see, the rules say the contest finished at 1059UTC, but
there seemed to be a good few stations still in the contest at 1115UTC!

So, here is my meagre entry...................

CALL: GU0SUP
CATEGORY:     C - Single Operator, All Bands, Wire Antenna

           QSOs   Points   DX:      Call Areas
80m:       0          0        0              0
40m:       0          0        0              0
20m:     72       870     28              6
15m:      55      629     24              3
10m:      24      269      11              0
Total:    151    1768     63             9

Total multipliers:     72
Score:       127296
Station Description:  Icom IC756 + 60 watts
Antenna(s):   Half-size G5RV
Operators:    GU0SUP

Thanks to all for the points, and for your persistance when conditions were
not so good.

73 for now
Phil GU0SUP