[RTTY] Power

Ken K7ZUM ken.knopp at verizon.net
Sun Jul 20 19:20:40 EDT 2003

Hi Paul,

     Well, to answer your question, last October I was doing RTTY as
FS/K7ZUM  from ST. Martin in the Carib's,   I put up a dipole antenna
for 30 mtrs, all I could get the antenna up to was 7 feet above the ground,
first contact was  an Italian station, the best was a UA0 station  (don't
remember the full calls, but do remember the surprise on my face !) this was
with 100 watts, I am sure the call had something to do with the fun pileups,
but belive me, running 100 watts to a dipole 7 feet off of the ground and
getting D.X. stations was truly a memorable moment for me !

73  de  Ken
K7ZUM   in  Gres"HAM"    Oregon

Hi Guys,

Being new to rtty I have a question about power, my rig will only put out
about 30w on a full duty cycle, will this be enough.  I
have been copying some of you over the past week and a lot of people seem to
run high power. What are my  chances of working DX with 30w and a dipole
antenna.

73 Paul VO2PRS