[RTTY] K4GMH Russian RTTY Contest

Mike nasfred at 1bigred.com
Sun Jul 27 11:04:14 EDT 2003

2003
-+- RUSSIAN RTTY WW CONTEST -+-

CALL: K4GMH  Country: USA

Single OP., All band

                 QSOs    Points  DX:             Oblasts
80m:            0       0               0               0
40m:            47      355             19              0
20m:            200     1635            48              19
15m:            71      610             27              8
10m:            0       0               0               0
Total:  318     2600            94              27

Total multipliers:      121
Score:                  314600
Station Description: IC-746; 4CX1600B amp. (homemade) 1200 W
Antenna(s): TH7DX @ 125 ft; TH6DXX @ 65 ft (fixed on Europe); S402 @ 135 ft
Remarks: Thanks to the Russian Centr Radio Club (RCRC) for sponsoring the
contest and to all the stations that I had the pleasure of working in the
contest.

Conditions at the start of the contest were okay.  Europe was coming in
strong on twenty meters until 0630Z when I went to bed.  Back on the air on
15 meters around 1200Z and worked off and on (family committments) until
1430Z.  Returning to off and on operation at 2200Z the bands and activity
had dropped way off.  Not sure what happened, but it was slow and long
between QSOs.  Still it was fun and interesting to see how the reduced
propagation is affecting contesting.  Now off to the beach for a short
vacation.

         73,
         Mike, K4GMH