[RTTY] Contesting For ALL Seasons..

MRBILL1953 at aol.com MRBILL1953 at aol.com
Sat Jun 7 23:23:18 EDT 2003

Greetings To All:

Have we ever got a few announcements here for all of you. Over the last few
weeks TARA has been working extremely hard to put together a contesting
schedule that I hope all of you find to be as exciting as myself. We've developed a
contesting schedule for 'ALL' seasons and we now bring all of our contests
together under TARA's "Four Seasons Contesting" banner. But, we have much more for
you...keep reading!

As I mentioned TARA has brought all of it's contests together and we now call
them part of our "Four Seasons Contesting." TARA will now sponsor the
following contests:

"The DPX" - Digital Prefix Contest (Spring)
"The Grid Dip-Shindig" Digital psk-rtty Grid Square Contest  (Summer)
"The PSK Rumble" - The World's 1st PSK Contest!  (Fall)
TARA RTTY Melee - With changes for the 21st Century. (Winter)

Each of these contests will run yearly. We have decided to drop the Spring
Rumble - "The Spring Wake-up" in order to keep with our Four Seasons concept.
Our goal was to bring you the very best of Digital Contests for 'ALL' seasons
and I believe we've done it! But, that's still not everything! Nope, you got to
keep reading.

Each year TARA is going to crown the "Digital King or Queen" in our "NEW"
Tor'ney! We believe a lot of you work hard at these contests and it's time that
we recognize just who is going to regarded as a World Leader of our digital
modes! We believe we have a well rounded program and the challenge will be
difficult but after all we're talking about a "World Champion" don't forget. I hope
we've got your attention now? If so, please keep reading.

TARA has been looking for volunteers to pick up some of the new management
positions we have with our new programs and we are proud to announce the
following managers. Please give them a warm welcome and show them your support.

Ed Eades, KC2HNC - PSK Rumble Manager
Chris Durbin, N8PSK - DPX Contest Manager
Karen Smith, KB2UUC - Press/Media Manager

Below is the Official Announcement for the upcoming "Grid Dip" - Shindig!

July 26
The Grid Dip psk-rtty Shindig - Grid Square contest. Sponsored by Troy ARA,
0000z through 2400z, July 26th, PSK 31, PSK63 and RTTY. 80,40,20,15,10,6
meters. Work stations once per band unless Rover has changed Locator.  Exchange
name, 4 digit grid locator.  Enter 1 of 5 categories. QRP, 5w max (RTTY use 5w
max); Low, 20w max (RTTY use 100w max),  High, 100w max (RTTY use Legal Limit);
Rover,  50w max (RTTY use Legal Limit) as a portable or mobile station
operating from more than one Grid Locator, or SWL. Single/single only. Call CQ Grid
Dip. Final score is QSO points * total different Grid Locators. Mults. count
once per band.  To be valid, scores must be received via our online score
submission form found at http://www.n2ty.org/seasons/tara_grid_score.html or e-mail
Logs to grid-manager at n2ty.org, by the last entry date 23rd August 2003.  Logs
must be available for review if requested.  Please read web rules for details
on http://www.n2ty.org/seasons/tara_grid_rules.html for more info e-mail:
wm2u at n2ty.org  - Ernie Mills, WM2U  or ny2u at n2ty.org - Bill Eddy, NY2U.