[RTTY] AA5AU ANARTS SOAB HP

Don Hill AA5AU aa5au at bellsouth.net
Sun Jun 15 23:12:51 EDT 2003

                   ANARTS WW RTTY Contest

Call: AA5AU
Operator(s): AA5AU
Station: AA5AU

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: LA
Operating Time (hrs):
Radios: SO2R

   80:    2    10     2
   40:   51   581    24
   20:  249  3630    74
   15:  106  1029    33
   10:   22   369    14
-------------------------
Total:  430  5619   147  Continents = 6  Total Score = 4,957,458

Club:

Comments:

Some interesting propagation paths.  First AF station was ZS6BBK longpath on 20M
Saturday morning.  15 meters remained open very late Friday night.  Worked UN7PBY at
0203Z Saturday.  Had other obligations so was unable to put a full-time effort in.  Coming
back from a birthday party Saturday night, saw a spot out of Japan for 4W3DX on 10M.
Didn't think there was a chance in hell to hear him but I had to check it anyway.  Well,
there he was S7-8!  That was at nearly 2 hours past sunset!  Then he shows an hour later
on 15M.

Thunderstorms forced me to shut down Friday night and Sunday evening.  I was hoping
to break 5M points but the static crashes were just too bad.  Congrats to George, W1ZT,
on a nice score from the US despite overall poor band condx.  80M here was so noisy
I made only 2 contacts.

Thanks to ANARTS for the contest.  It was nice to put some time at the radio this weekend.

73, Don AA5AU
http://www.aa5au.com
http://www.rttycontesting.com