[RTTY] K4WW SOSTHP

Shelby Summerville k4ww at arrl.net
Mon Jun 16 07:34:21 EDT 2003

I have many excuses for not having a better score, but I'll keep them to
myself!
I can only hope for such "stateside" conditions in NAQP! Strange conditions
on 10 meters. On Saturday, I worked WA1EHK (1910) and ZX2B (1911), and heard
nothing else on the band. I even asked KH6ND if 10 was open there..."10
meters is dead, dead, dead"!  I suppose. if there was a highlight, it was
having all 6 continents after only 27 contacts!
Did I have fun? Certainly, or I wouldn't have even had a score! Nice to see
most of the "regulars", along with several (12) US stations never before
worked.
There has been much discussion about stations outside their "suggested" call
area, during contest's using call area's as multipliers, signing "/"! IMHO,
it should be required for stations, "outside their suggested call area",  to
sign "/"!
I worked a W8, in AZ, not signing "/7", but sending zone 3 as location. I
was
incorrectly given credit for working 8 call area, as a new multiplier, when,
in
reality, the station was in 7 call area! By overriding the zone, I was given
the correct points for working zone 3, but still had the unearned multiplier
credit.

C'Ya, Shelby

                    ANARTS WW RTTY Contest

Call: K4WW
Operator(s): K4WW
Station: K4WW

Class: SOST HP
QTH: KY
Operating Time (hrs): 15

   80:    4    28     2
   40:   27   445    15
   20:  226  3158    70
   15:   65   815    27
   10:    3    37     3
Total:  325  4483   117  Continents = 6  Total Score = 3,149,166

Club: Kentucky Contest Group