[RTTY] Lost Opportunity?

Frank ZL2BR ditdah at infogen.net.nz
Sat Jun 28 00:52:30 EDT 2003

In just 8 days from now we have the new DL RTTY contest.

Looking at the rules it seems to me that the point/multipliers are
just like many other contests, in fact they are exactly the same as
the SARTG and Anatolian, with a few bonus points for working
DL's, and are in a word - boring!

IMHO an opportunity has been lost to introduce an new innovative
points/multiplier system that will stimulate and promote inter-
continental activity and contacts. I have a feeling that all that is
going to happen, as is does in many contests, is that the EU
stations (and maybe N. American stations to a limited degree), will
be busy most of contest working each other on 5 bands, and when
they get fed up with that, they will try and work some dx.

What do others think ?   Especially those of you not living in Europe
or North America!

73, Frank ZL2BR