[RTTY] Icom 706 and HP laptop question

David Ashworth fathom at Access4Less.net
Sat Mar 1 07:19:06 EST 2003

Hello, my name is Dave, callsign NC6P.  I recently participated in my  first
RTTY contest and was using a Kenwood TS850 and a PC with a Creative sound
card with good results.  I had a good time and enjoyed the contest!  Now,  I
have a question that might have been asked before, but I am curious if
anyone is running an Icom 706 with a HP N3402 laptop or similar laptop?  I
also have a Kantronics packet communicator 3 if that will help.  What  I am
trying to setup is a portable station that will use the Icom and the HP with
a 12 volt deep cycle marine battery.  Wondering what interfaces might work
with this combination?  I will have plenty of 12 volts available.  Thank you
in advance, Dave, NC6P.