[RTTY] NA RTTY Spring Update on rttycontesting.com

Don Hill AA5AU aa5au at bellsouth.net
Sun Mar 2 22:48:43 EST 2003

In preparation for the NCJ NA RTTY Sprint on March 9, I have
added the following to www.rttycontesting.com.

Added a link to example RTTY messages for the upcoming
NCJ NA RTTY Sprint using WriteLog.

Added a link to the NCJ NA RTTY Sprint rules.

Add a link to a new page showing the location of wlnas32.dll, which
adds RTTY to the current NA Sprint module in WriteLog.

Also, there are instructions on how to configure the Exchange Format Setup
in WriteLog so that you don't inadvertently log a QSO without the NR,
NAME or QTH fields populated.  This was a problem found in beta testing
the NA RTTY Sprint contest in WriteLog, but Wayne wanted to get it
out in time for the contest next Sunday.  So in case he doesn't get around
to fixing it before the contest, this is a way to set up these fields so they
are required before entry into the log.  A small price to pay for now having
a module for this exciting RTTY Sprint.

A poll was conducted on the RTTY reflector asking if RTTY operators
wanted to keep the NA RTTY Sprint alive.  The results were that, yes we want
to keep it alive.  WriteLog has supported that view by now offering RTTY in
the NA Sprint Module.  Thanks Wayne!

73 & CU March 9th 0000-0400z!
Don AA5AU
http://www.aa5au.com