[RTTY] sprint question...

Jeff Stai WK6I wk6i at twistedoak.com
Mon Mar 10 17:38:16 EST 2003

hi - I had something happen during the sprint, and I -think- I followed the
rules, but I ended up with 3 consecutive QSOs on the same frequency. Here's
what happened:

- station A was calling CQ and I responded

- contact was completed and presumably the frequency was mine

- before I could do anything, station B came in calling station A

- station A answered and completed a contact with station B

- station B took the frequency and called CQ

- I answered the CQ and completed the contact with station B

- station C then called me and I responded

- I completed the contact with station C and QSY-ed

If I understand the rules, station A should not have answered the call from
station B. I'm not sure whether I should have vacated the frequency or not.

So... I guess I want to know if I did something wrong, and what the logging
checking will do to me...;-)

thanks and 73! - jeff wk6i

Jeff Stai               jds at twistedoak.com
Twisted Oak Winery      http://www.twistedoak.com/