[RTTY] TS-2000 question

Jerry k0hzi at attbi.com
Tue Mar 18 04:46:40 EST 2003

David,

That is correct, use the AFSK method here with a simple soundcard
interface.  Have used MM-TTY, Hamscope with the MM-TTY engine, and MixW
with good results.  Be sure to us a 10 to 1 audio "pad" resistor network
in the transmit audio line as it is easy to over drive from the
soundcard output.
With the FSK method all that is needed is two transistor switchs, one
for PTT and one to key the FSK line from DTR, RTS pins on the com port
RS-232 plug on your computer.  The transistor switch is also need for
PTT with the AFSK method.

Jerry - K0HZI