[RTTY] RE: MFSK!

Andrew J O'Brien obrienaj at netsync.net
Mon Mar 24 20:09:21 EST 2003

I have no idea who the person was but I would invite you all to think that
perhaps he has a valid point.  I assume he knew that RTTY ops have a legal
right to operate on 14080.  However the MFSK folks, when the mode was new,
tried to use 14080 as frequency since they thought it would be far enough
away from most routine RTTY traffic.  The MFSK ops tend to get squeezed out
of a calling frequency when we RTTY contesters swarm the band.  It might be
a nice gentlemanly gesture if we tried to avoid that part of the band during
a contest weekend.

Andy KB2EOQ