[RTTY] MFSK debate

WI8W wi8w at arrl.net
Tue Mar 25 11:56:26 EST 2003

It is interesting that many who have responded say..." why don't they move
to a unused part of the band,  say 14.130-14.140".

Why is it that they have to move?  Let's move RTTY to that band segment. If
it is not used all that much as some claim, we certainly could put it to
use.  Then again we would probably be moving in right on top of some other
new digital mode looking for a place to camp.

Just my opinion, besides except for contests, I still hear very little RTTY
on the bands compared to other modes.

73

Thom WI8W