[RTTY] Operating PSK-31 from DX locations

Dave Bernstein dhb at attbi.com
Thu Mar 27 14:52:17 EST 2003

I did not mean to imply that one could instigate a scintillating QSO
every time, but it works more often than you might guess. And even when
it doesn't appear to work, you are helping a macro-bound ham see how to
crawl out of his or her protective shell. Be patient, and don't take it
personally.

A couple of years back, W2NSD suggested some good leading questions.
I've found "What do you do when you're not on the radio?" to be
particularly effective; not too many folks have a canned answer for that
one, and the answer invariably opens avenues for further conversation.

     73,

           Dave, AA6YQ