[RTTY] FT-990, MMTTY and the Rascal Mark V+ Interface

dl6jz at t-online.de dl6jz at t-online.de
Fri Mar 28 09:00:23 EST 2003

Hi Paul,

welcome to the RTTY comunity.

Using MMTTY together with FT-990/FT-1000 you have to think of the
following features also:

- On your rig switch on the monitor and adlust the audio level. So you
can hear the diddling of the transmitted RTTY-signal. If there is
RF-output and a constant tone only there is something wrong in the
setup of MMTTY.

- If you want to transmit FSK (which I prefer as the only correct
method for longer operations) you will need an interface between the
FSK-pin and the PTT-pin of the 4-pin-rig-connector and a com-port of
your computer. You can find the schematics in the MMTTY help file or on
several web pages or on the technics site at www.qsl.net/dl6jz/.

- If you have connected this interface you have to setup the MMTTY
tab chose the transmit option COM TxD.

I hope I could help you a liitle bit. If there are more questions
please feel so free and write to this reflector.

73 + 55
Wolf, DL6JZ