[RTTY] 4U1VIC

Thomas Korinek thomask at grundlgasse.at
Thu May 8 23:08:21 EDT 2003

Unfortunatly Jeff wk6i is right - at least according to the ARRL-rules.

The ARRL tells us that 4U1VIC counts for OE.
Just wonder why 4U1ITU does NOT count for HB???
And why 4U1UN does not count for W ???

The Vienna International Center definatly is NOT part of OE. It is
exteritorial !!!!

So since it is NOT austrian territory - why should  it count as OE ??? (Just
because a bunch of old mans = ARRL decided it that way ???) Ahh - to err is
human - so pse forgive me - ahh them ....

PSE Do us a favor:
If you want to get your DXCC send them a qsl-card from an OE-station NOT the
one from 4U1VIC  to get your credit for OE.

PS: I also have operated from 4U1VIC in the early 90´s. (Till we had cleaned
up the bands - then it became boring since nobody else needed a qso ...)

That´s all for now

73 de Tom - OE1KTS