[RTTY] AA5AU VOLTA Score

Don Hill AA5AU aa5au at bellsouth.net
Sun May 11 13:49:01 EDT 2003

                   Volta RTTY DX Contest

Call: AA5AU
Operator(s): AA5AU
Station: AA5AU

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: LA
Operating Time (hrs): 8
Radios: SO2R

   80:    0     0     0
   40:    0     0     0
   20:  100  1200    37
   15:    9   107     6
   10:    2    84     2
-------------------------
Total:  111  1391    45  Total Score = 6,948,045

Club:

Comments:

Extremely poor band condx and low activity made for an unexciting contest.

I don't know if I agree with Phil that we can expect worst to come.  I think what
we saw this weekend is about as bad as it gets.  Even with a lower flux than 93,
we should have better condx if the A index is considerably lower than 30! hi

Summertime propagation is with us now until September, so anything other
than the NAQP in July should be a bust UNLESS we get a weekend with the A
under 5 and the K at 2 or lower.

Leaving tomorrow to head north.  Should be to Dayton by Thursday if the
good Lord is willing to take me there.

Looking forward to seeing all the RTTY friends.

73, Don AA5AU

http://www.aa5au.com
http://www.rttycontesting.com