[RTTY] PSK63 TEST

Rfmandmpm at aol.com Rfmandmpm at aol.com
Mon May 26 02:27:13 EDT 2003

Interesting PSK63 test. I saw a KH8 and a PJ2 before the test. I worked 24
BPSK stations and three QPSK stations, with great difficulty. Many thanks to
K3UK for your help in QPSK. I had problems copying some strong stations, yet I
was able to copy a few very weak ones. Some stations did not stay around very
long like VE4COZ and AA5AU. VE9DX  was QRP and had a strong signal here in
Alberta. My signal seemed to be very wide and I could not narrow it down. Volume
control and reduced power did not help. I could not get the PTT working, so I
used a foot switch. Logging was awkward. I downloaded WINPSK with PSK31 and
PSK63 files and eventually tried WINPSKse with the PSK63 files. I could not find
MixW ver. 2.08 anywhere on the internet. There appeared to be a lot of
competition for the frequencies. From 14.069 to 14.0735 the PSK31 group were in force.
Above 14.076, we were constantly reminded that another digital mode claims
those frequencies. They would start transmitting on top of you if you called CQ.
There could be minor disputes over bandwidth as additional modes emerge in
the future. I am interested in learning of any advantages of this mode compared
to other digital modes.

73  de VE6YR   Bob